Delivery teams will primarily be delivering services that meets user needs. Therefore, it is important to research the needs of users thoroughly with real users. Some delivery teams may need a dedicated user researcher. Otherwise, this role could be carried out by the digital business analyst.
The user researcher helps the team understand the users so that the delivery team can design the right kind of service in the right way.
The user researcher:
- plans a programme of research for the service
- develops a clear understanding and empathy for users
- designs, conducts and analyses user research using a range of techniques
- actively shares and engages the whole team in user research to share the understanding and empathy
- provides guidance on design based on their understanding of our users’ needs and behaviour