How do you get to the crux of the problem? The one that – if changed – will completely transform things for your users?
- look at areas in the organisation with the highest spend
- consider areas in the organisation with high levels of dissatisfaction
- review areas in the organisation with high volumes of transactions and administrative processing
- look at a system a supplier is selling and buy one
- identify your problems from conferences or marketing emails
- build large programmes based on exploiting technology, this can lead to over-engineering and missing on innovating a better solution.