To support your benchmarking data, it’s a good idea to create a customer survey. This can be done in Survey Monkey or Google Forms (but remember NCC do not have access to Google).
Encourage your product owner to send a survey out at the start of the design process – and resend this survey after go-live. This survey should include questions like:
- How often do you use this service?
- Do you get what you need from the service?
- Is there anything you think could be improved?
- Is the language of the service easy to understand?
- How long does it take you to use the service?
Sometimes your Product Owner will already have an annual survey, which they can use to extract data from, so it’s worth asking for the results of the past couple of years.
And finally, when making a new service, build in a simple feedback survey at the end so that you can continue to monitor satisfaction.