- Based: Cambridge, Milton Keynes or Northampton
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: c £42,000.00 to £48,000.00 /year*
- (*Salary ranges vary on location – please ask for further details)
- This position is now closed.
Use your powers for good and raise the bar for local government digital services.
- Design and build digital services that are easy, reliable and secure.
- Create solutions that meet user needs.
- Take a technical lead role supporting multiple delivery teams in varied, challenging and trailblazing digital services
- Lead our customers from design through to support.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to others in the digital services team.
Technical knowledge and qualifications
These are essential technical skills:
Computer Science / Software Development (or qualified by experience)
Detailed knowledge of at least one server-side language (PHP, .NET, Java)
Detailed understanding of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
Knowledge of using version control systems (SVN or Git)
Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Knowledge of how to price and quote for development work.
It would be even better if you have these skills:
Certified Developer: Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure
Knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Lead on software development for LGSS digital for specified services.
- Build world class reliable and secure web products and digital services to support our customers and the public
- Design and implement robust and secure APIs for internal and external use
- Share your knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers, support analysts and non-developers
- Take a lead role in the design and implementation of a useful and robust automated test suite that works in a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Make sure all of our services have support plans and provide costs and quotations for these as required.
Skills and Experience
Must have skills:
Software development skills with the ability to build web applications using at least one server-side language (eg. PHP, .NET, Java) and competent front-end web development skills (HTML/CSS/JS)
Ability to develop applications for use with on premise data centre technologies.
Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
An ability to communicate highly complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Ability to design, build and maintain secure public HTTP(s) APIs.
Demonstrable skills in coaching and mentoring colleagues with both technical and personal development.
Even better if skills:
Design / User Experience skills such as user journey mapping, prototyping.
Ability to build digital services that can run on public cloud technologies and/or server-less architectures.
Ability to write automated test suites for integration and unit testing.
Must have experience
Experience working using agile methodologies (SCRUM/Kanban).
Experience working on technical projects within a multi-disciplinary team.
Experience mentoring and coaching colleagues.
Even better if experience:
Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
Experience of producing pricing/quotations/options.
Experience of working with automation, package management and build tooling (npm, Bower, Grunt/Gulp)
Influencing and interpersonal skills
Persuade senior managers and employees to take a modern approach to service design to prevent unnecessary expenditure
Present highly complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
Coach and mentor members of the team.
Persuade other members of the IT service to make decisions they wouldn’t typically take.
Negotiate with suppliers to support alternative business models and procure services and software at the best price.
Present to external organisations to sell services and software commercially.
Networking, collaborating and learning with peers across a technical and non-technical disciplines to extend the knowledge of the team and organisation.