Digital Business Analyst
Position now closed
- Based: Cambridge
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: £33,153 – £35,755 /year
- Closing date: Tuesday 27th 5th August, midnight
- Phone interviews: w/c Monday 2nd September
- Formal interviews: Monday 9th September
Use your powers for good and raise the bar for local government digital services.
- Lead the research and design stage of projects – facilitate initial meetings and workshops
- Design and conduct research activities, in collaboration with users, to help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use the service
- Use analytics to define user centred key performance indicators (KPIs) and support our clients in understanding what data they will need.
- Create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services across customer base
- Advise the client on how to creatively recruit suitable members of the public/internal users to take part in real user research exercises
- Analyse data and present findings and recommendations so that research is shareable and traceable and the whole team have a shared understanding
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams to turn user research findings into service designs with stories and actions that lead to valuable product service features.
- Be part of an agile team staying true to the project ultimate goal and supporting the product owner in the delivery phase to make sense of user feedback .
Education and qualifications
- Degree or equivalent NVQ qualification (preferably in computing or a social science like psychology or sociology – but not essential) or proven relevant experience.
- Formal agile training
- Evidence of professional management studies
- Business analysis/ business process management training or similar.
- LEAN certification
Skills and experience
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centred design practices for web, service or software development
- Knowledge of design thinking and human centred design concepts
- Proven experience of understanding user needs for web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
- Experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience of translating user needs into feasible solutions.
Ability and skills
- Superb communication, presentation, facilitation and listening skills which enthuse, motivate and inform people of all levels and encourage people to think differently
- Ability to influence and challenge others where appropriate in order to help new services meet user need
- Ability to deliver high quality work and results at pace
- Excellent skills in using varying ICT systems including, MS Office, process mapping and prototyping software
- Self-organising and self-managing
Attitudes and behaviours
- Positive can-do attitude to challenges and change
- Actively improving personal and leadership behaviours
- Calm and measured in stressful situations
- Responsive, adaptable and flexible attitude
Accountable for understanding user needs and representing the voice of the user within the delivery team, helping the team collectively understand the ultimate goal.