Digital Business Analyst
- Based: Milton Keynes
- Hours: Full-time
- Salary: £33,213 – £37,023 /year
- This position is now closed.
Use your powers for good and raise the bar for local government digital services.
Digital Business Analysts are an agile equivalent to a traditional Business Analyst, working across multiple delivery teams to research, analyse and understand user needs.
- Creatively apply design thinking techniques to understand which research methods are appropriate for different scenarios
- Lead the multi-disciplinary team through the uncertain and creative design phase of projects, including understanding feedback from users following demos
- Plan and coordinate the discovery and design phase of multiple agile projects at a time.
- Lead the research and design stage of projects – facilitate initial meetings and workshops
- Design and conduct research activities, in collaboration with users, to help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use the service
- Use analytics to define user centred key performance indicators (KPIs) and support our clients in understanding what data they will need.
- Create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services across customer base
- Advise the client on how to creatively recruit suitable members of the public/internal users to take part in real user research exercises
- Analyse data and present findings and recommendations so that research is shareable and traceable and the whole team have a shared understanding
- Work collaboratively with delivery teams to turn user research findings into service designs with stories and actions that lead to valuable product service features.
- Be part of an agile team staying true to the project ultimate goal and supporting the product owner in the delivery phase to make sense of user feedback .
Education and qualifications
Degree or equivalent NVQ qualification (preferably in computing or a social science like psychology or sociology – but not essential) or proven relevant experience.
- Formal agile training
- Evidence of professional management studies
- Business analysis/ business process management training or similar.
- LEAN certification
Skills and experience
Experience and Knowledge
Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for user centred design practices for web, service or software development
Knowledge of design thinking and human centred design concepts
Proven experience of understanding user needs for web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys
Experience of designing, facilitating and analysing a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research
Experience of translating user needs into feasible solutions.
Ability and skills
Superb communication, presentation, facilitation and listening skills which enthuse, motivate and inform people of all levels and encourage people to think differently
Ability to influence and challenge others where appropriate in order to help new services meet user need
Ability to deliver high quality work and results at pace
Excellent skills in using varying ICT systems including, MS Office, process mapping and prototyping software
Self-organising and self-managing
Attitudes and behaviours
Positive can-do attitude to challenges and change
Actively improving personal and leadership behaviours
Calm and measured in stressful situations
Responsive, adaptable and flexible attitude